Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Halachic Time App

inspired.flash.air
{
      So on my way to the train station today while driving through some beutiful rain and not being able to tell if it was night time, or day time, I got this quick inspiration to create an app which tells me what the current "halachic time" is.



The way "halachic" time works, is you take the amount of daylight in the day, and break that up into 12 even parts. Each one of these parts is a halachic "hour".   So currently, its 11 am,  but in Halachic time, its 5 am. Because 5 hours have passed since sunrise.

I'm going to try to figure out a way to put my air app on here so you can download it.  I'm going to put a link to the swf somewhere, since I can't upload files to blogger

Let me know if it works well, or any bugs you find. (I'm not sure how my app will function at nighttime yet.)

This is what it looks like. Next time I have free time, I'm going to try to figure out how to make it blend into the desktop more, or put a status on a phone.

Thanks to freegeoip.net, I can now have my app running on the web.  Enjoy.




}

No comments:

Post a Comment